Welcome SOUL Campers!
We are so excited for SOUL Camp and we hope you are too! We have three days full of fun prepared for you! Here are important details about your SOUL Camp Experience.
SOUL Camp 337 is based in Lafayette, LA. Campers will stay overnight on campus in the residence halls. Transportation to and from the service project site(s) and local business(es) will be provided
Check In Directions
SOUL Camp Check-In will take place inside of Baker Hall (F7 on our Campus Map). Students will check-in on Friday, July 15 between 8:00AM - 9:15AM and will check out on Sunday, July 17 between 3:00PM - 3:30PM. Students and Camp Mentors will only stay overnight in the residence halls for the nights of July 15 and 16.
Students will not be moving into their assigned residence hall rooms..
Parking will be at the Taft Street Parking Garage is available in the Taft Street Parking Garage (F6/G6 on our Campus Map). The Taft Street Parking Garage physical address is: 714 W. Taft Street, Lafayette, LA 70503.
The SOUL Camp 337 schedule is now available! Once at camp, you will receive a camp program which will be your guide for SOUL Camp 337.
Campers may wish to bring a few extra dollars to purchase drinks and snacks from vending machines during camp or for souvenirs from local businesses. Small bills are encouraged as some vending machines may not be able to accept large bills.
SOUL Camp Medical Release Form
Medical Information/Liability Release Form. This form must be submitted at check-in. Please print and fill out prior to check-in.
SOUL Camp Packing List
- Masks (recommended)
- Hand sanitizer
- Cajun Card
- Medical Information/Liability Release Form
- Closed-toe shoes
- Casual summer clothes (T shirts, shorts, flip flops, etc.)
- A light jacket (some rooms can get a little cold)
- Sleeping bag and/or bed Linens (twin XL size mattress)
- Personal toiletries
- Wash cloth(s) and towel(s)
- Any medications you may need
- Allergy medication, Epi-pen, etc. (if needed)
- Bug spray
- Plastic bag (for wet/dirty clothes)
- Personal spending money (for snacks at vending machines or souvenirs at local businesses)
- Snacks (mini fridge and microwave available in each residence hall suites)
Day of Service Packing List
- Closed Toe Shoes (that can get dirty)
- Pants/Shorts/Jeans (that can get dirty)
- Allergy medication (if needed)
- Epi-pen (if needed)
- Bug Spray
Remember this is a three day camp experience. We will be spending ample amount of time outdoors. Please bring enough clothes and/or any other items not listed above to ensure your own personal comfort.
What Not To Bring
SOUL Camp is an official University event and will be tobacco, drug, and alcohol free. Weapons or other destructive devices are NOT welcome at SOUL Camp. Any camper who brings any of these items will be subject to the University Code of Student Conduct and will be asked to leave camp immediately.