Benefits of attending SOUL Camp
Students who attend SOUL Camp are armed with the additional tools that assist in a successful transition to UL Lafayette. Some of these include:
- Move into University Housing early
- Friends and upper class mentors
- Greater understanding of campus involvement activities
- Understanding of campus traditions & history
- Familiarity with the city of Lafayette & the Acadiana area
- Appreciation of service
- Appreciation for campus diversity
- Personal leadership plan
Additionally, students who attend SOUL Camp have a greater likelihood of being engaged, performing better academically, and have higher rates of retention and graduation. Did you know:
- Fall 2016 SOUL Camp attendees earned higher GPAs than non-SOUL Camp attendees
- Fall 2016 SOUL Camp attendees earned more academic credits their freshman year than non-SOUL Camp attendees
SOUL Camp costs $200.00. These costs includes lodging, meals, transportation, program facilitation, and two camp t-shirts, a bag, and a water bottle.
Changes and Cancellations
Please visit our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page for details on SOUL Camp reservation changes and cancellations.