Benefits of attending SOUL Camp
Students who attend SOUL Camp are armed with the additional tools that assist in a successful transition to UL Lafayette. Some of these include:
- Friends and current student mentors
- Greater understanding of campus involvement activities
- Understanding of campus traditions & history
- Familiarity with the city of Lafayette & the Acadiana area
- Appreciation of service
- Appreciation for campus diversity
- Personal leadership plan
Additionally, students who attend SOUL Camp have a greater likelihood of being engaged, performing better academically, and have higher rates of retention and graduation. Did you know:
- SOUL Camp attendees stay enrolled at UL Lafayette at a higher rate than non-SOUL Camp attendees (94.12% vs 85.57% to the second semester)
- SOUL Camp attendees earn higher GPAs than non-SOUL Camp attendees (3.51 vs 3.36 for the first semester)
SOUL Camp attendees earn more academic credits their first year than non-SOUL Camp attendees (~38 vs ~36 after two semesters)
*statistics from incoming class of Fall 2020
SOUL Camp costs $200.00 which includes program facilitation, lodging, meals, transportation, 2 camp t-shirts, camp bag, and a water bottle.
We have a limited number of SOUL Camp Fee Assistance opportunities available. The Fee Assistance will cover $150.00 of the cost of SOUL Camp and the student is responsible to pay for the remaining $50.00.
These waivers are only available to students who are eligible to receive a Pell Grant. Students must be admitted to UL Lafayette and have a fully completed 2022-2023 FAFSA in order determine Pell Grant eligibility. Fee Waivers will be given in a first-come, first-serve manner to students who have completed the requirements and application. Apply for Fee Assistance here.