Benefits of attending SOUL Camp
Students who attend SOUL Camp are armed with the additional tools that assist in a successful transition to UL Lafayette. Some of these include:
- Friends and current student mentors
- Greater understanding of campus involvement activities
- Understanding of campus traditions & history
- Familiarity with the city of Lafayette & the Acadiana area
- Appreciation of service
- Appreciation for campus diversity
- Personal leadership plan
Additionally, students who attend SOUL Camp have a greater likelihood of being engaged, performing better academically, and have higher rates of retention and graduation. Did you know:
- SOUL Camp attendees earn higher GPAs than non-SOUL Camp attendees
- SOUL Camp attendees earn more academic credits their freshman year than non-SOUL Camp attendees
SOUL Camp costs $200.00 which includes program facilitation, lodging, meals, transportation, 2 camp t-shirts, camp bag, and a water bottle.
A limited number of fee assistance opportunities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Recipients will be responsible for paying $50.00 for their SOUL Camp registration fee rather than the full $200.00.
To qualify, applicants must be Pell Grant eligible and must complete the application linked below. To determine your Pell Grant eligibility, the Office of Student Financial Aid needs you to have filled out the 2021-2022 FAFSA through the FAFSA website and have entered UL Lafayette's school code: 002031.
SOUL Camp Registration Fee Assistance Application. You must log in using your ULID and password.