Benefits of attending SOUL Camp
Students who attend SOUL Camp are armed with the additional tools that assist in a successful transition to UL Lafayette. Some of these include:
- Move into University Housing early
- Friends and upper class mentors
- Greater understanding of campus involvement activities
- Understanding of campus traditions & history
- Familiarity with the city of Lafayette & the Acadiana area
- Appreciation of service
- Appreciation for campus diversity
- Personal leadership plan
Additionally, students who attend SOUL Camp have a greater likelihood of being engaged, performing better academically, and have higher rates of retention and graduation. Did you know:
- Fall 2016 SOUL Camp attendees earned higher GPAs than non-SOUL Camp attendees
- Fall 2016 SOUL Camp attendees earned more academic credits their freshman year than non-SOUL Camp attendees
SOUL Camp costs $200.00. These costs includes lodging, meals, transportation, program facilitation, and two camp t-shirts, a bag, and a water bottle.
Changes and Cancellations
Due to the nature of the SOUL Camp program and the necessity for planning and purchasing of supplies, no session changes will be allowed and no refunds will be given for cancellation requests after 5:00 PM on July 5, 2017.